Sometimes you just need a cupcake. For those times that you’re craving a cupcake, you need a quick dessert, or you’re baking for just a few people – this is the recipe to have at the ready. Five cupcakes, made from scratch, ready in minutes. It doesn’t get much better.
I have to tell you that these are some of the best and easiest vanilla cupcakes I have ever made. They are soft, moist, and flavorful. I top the cupcakes with a quick vanilla buttercream which is the perfect addition.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour see note
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup milk preferably whole or 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 5 muffin cups or place 5 liners in a muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg and sugar for about 30 seconds. Add the vanilla extract and melted butter and whisk until well combined.
- Add half the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined. Add the milk, and whisk until just combined. Add the remaining dry ingredients and whisk until combined (being careful not to overmix).
- Divide the batter evenly between 5 muffin cups (each cup will be between 2/3 and 3/4 full).
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Voila! Your cupcakes are ready!