The era of the new normal has ushered us into a massive reliance on digital tools/platforms to get work done. With t
The era of the new normal has ushered us into a massive reliance on digital tools/platforms to get work done. With the increased usage of digital tools comes the need to tighten digital security and prevent being an easy target for hackers.
Following the steps below, you can now protect yourself and your digital privacy.
- Go to settings on your WhatsApp
- Click on Account
- Click on Two- step verification
- Enter pin
- Input your email address
- Go to your profile and tap , then tap Settings.
- Under settings, tap Two-Factor Authentication and then scroll down and tap Security
- Tap next to Authentication App, then tap Set Up Manually. If you don’t see the toggle switch, tap Get Started.
- Tap Copy Key below the Instagram key and paste it into your authentication app (example: Duo Mobile or Google Authenticator).
- After your Instagram account is linked to your authentication app, copy the 6-digit code your authentication app creates.
- Go back to the Instagram app, tap Next and paste the 6-digit code to complete the process on that device. For more details on two factor authentication, click here
- Go to your Google Account.
- On the left navigation panel, click Security.
- On the Signing in to Google panel, click 2-Step Verification.
- Click Get started.
- Follow the steps on the screen. For more details, click here
- Go to your Security and Login Settings.
- Scroll down to Use two-factor authentication and click Edit.
- Choose the security method you want to add and follow the on-screen instructions. For more details, click here
- In the side menu, click More, then click Settings and privacy.
- Click on your Account settings and click Security.
- Tap Two-factor authentication.
- There are three methods to choose from: Text message, Authentication app, or Security key.
To sign up via text message:
- Click the checkbox next to Text message.
- Read the overview instructions, then click Next.
- Enter your password, then click Verify.
To sign up via Security key:
- To get started, you will first need to turn on either the Text message or Authentication app two-factor authentication method.
- Click Security key.
- Read the overview, then click Start.
- Insert your physical security key to your computer’s USB port and touch it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish setup. For more details, click here
To turn on two step verification, click here