Easy Tender chicken puree for Babies
Wondering what type of meal you can make for your baby, easy and healthy.
The chicken meal is very soft and nutritious. So, it’s the best way to introduce your child to meat. For the preparation of this dish you need:
- A piece of fresh chicken fillet or breast – 100 g.
- Salt, if desired.
How to cook?
- Thoroughly wash fresh chicken fillet or breast, cut out bones, cartilages, remove the skin and cut meat into small pieces.
- Pour water and boil the chicken in a pot.
- As soon as the chicken boils, remove the pot from the stove, drain the first water and fill it with fresher one.
- Put the chicken back on the fire, and now cook until very soft. Removing the first water is importance because it’s the removal of some harmful unnecessary substances that are mainly released into the first broth.
- After the pot is placed on fire for the second time, cook for about 20-30 minutes.
- Then we take out the pieces of chicken and grind them. You can do this with either a blender and a meat grinder.
- If you grind them with a blender, you can immediately add a little-boiled water or vegetable broth, so it’s easier to mash the pieces of meat. Add the liquid gradually until the desired consistency is obtained.
- If you use a meat grinder, then add the broth or water in the puree after the meat has already been ground. By the way, your should preferably have gone through the grinder twice.
- After the mashed mass is ready, if necessary, add a pinch of salt and mix well.
Ready-made chicken puree can be offered to the child as an independent dish and in combination with fresh mashed vegetables or potatoes.
If you are using a gas cooker, you might want to try this. While your meat is cooking, put a grate for steaming above the pot. Put some vegetables on it, for example, pieces of potatoes or carrots and have them steamed while chicken is cooking. So you’ll have two dishes at the same time, which you can then mix together and treat your baby.
If you don’t want to cook every day you may plan and store the meals. Chilled food should be used within two days, if it’s frozen, it can last from two to four months.
Pour the puree into ice-freezing packs. Cover with a plastic film and place in freezer. Begin with small portions. So you will not throw away the leftovers.