Dear Parents, due to increase of children Sexual assault we implore that our children should be educated and enlightened from home first.
children are dieing in silence and experiencing emotional trauma
In this holiday season, if you haven’t had this discussion with your children or its been a while, this is a good time to start now.
kindly ask your children these questions regularly:👇
1. Mention the two types of body parts.
Ans: 👉 Public parts & Private parts.
2. What are private parts
Ans: 👉Your personal body parts.( Your own) That no one should touch, look at or play with.
3. What parts of the body make up each ?
Ans👉 Boys: Penis, scrotum, anus, lap, buttocks….lips
Girls : Vaginal, breast, lap, buttocks, anus..lips
4. Mention the two types of touches.
Ans: 👉Good touch & Bad touch
5. What is a good touch?
Ans: 👉 A Touch on any of the public parts.
6. What is a bad touch?
Ans: 👉A touch on any of the private parts (or areas around them)
7. If someone is trying to touch or play with your private parts, it is called what?
Ans: 👉Sexual Abuse
8. Who are those that can abuse you?
Ans: 👉 Anybody.
9. Say something about your lips.
Ans: 👉 No one must kiss me on my lips not even my mum & dad.
10. Where can sexual abuse take place.
Ans: 👉 Anywhere
11. What do abusers tell their victims & are those things true?
Ans: 👉 ” I will kill you,’
‘Your mummy and your daddy will die’
‘ You will die if you tell anyone about it’
‘Your parents will not believe you…..’
“They will blame you and beat you’.
Parents, at this point, I want you all to note that some children don’t tell when someone is sexually abusing them because some parents can be very ‘TOUGH’ and the children – extremely scared of the backlash from the parents. This is indeed a very delicate issue which must be addressed with the utmost self-restraint, maturity and caution!
7. What will happen to you if someone is trying to abuse you and you don’t tell?.
– The abuser will continue to abuse you and threaten you the more.
– It will affect your studies because you won’t be able to concentrate.
– You will be unhappy/depressed.
– You could be physically harmed and your life could be in danger
– You could contract diseases- HIV/AIDS, please ,kindly explain more on this to them.
8. What are the things you should & should not do to avoid been sexually abused?
Ans👉 Don’t go anywhere without your parent’s consent.
Don’t talk to strangers.
Don’t allow anyone lie on you.
Don’t allow anyone tell you to put off your clothes/pants.
No one must ever touch or play with your private parts.
You must tell at any attempt by anyone.
SCREAM, RUN, REPORT……..and so on