Top Tips for a beautiful hair Wig
Wigs are trending these days and you will hardly find a lady that doesnt have one wig.
Its such a big trend that its affecting saloons as ladies are also going back to natural hair. Wigs are convenient to wear and ladies usually have various types from short to long, synthetic to human hair.. different designs
So how do you take care of these wigs to ensure they last well and always in good condition.
Here are key tips to care for your wigs
- Always keep well by hanging appropriately.. curly wig should be hung upside down to maintain the curls and other types hung straight down
- Always brush to detangle after wearing and before hanging
- If you can cover to keep clean because of dust
- Wash the wig depending on usage once dirty .. remember you must treat the wigs like proper hair.. see guidance below on washing.
- Synthetic Wig Washing Guide
- De-Tangle. Before you wash, be sure to carefully detangle the hair using a wide tooth comb. …
- Wash. Fill a bowl with COLD water (never hot, as heat damages fibres). …
- Rinse. Immerse your wig in a fresh bowl of cold water to remove shampoo. …
- Condition. …
- Towel dry. …
- Style and hair dry.
How to Care for a Human Hair Wig
- Gently remove tangles with fingers or a wide-tooth comb. Start at the ends and slowly work toward the roots to avoid damage. Do not brush.
- Do not soak or submerge product. Rinse by holding the hair under running cool water. Allow the water to run from roots to ends.
- Place a small amount of shampoo for color-treated hair in your hand, evenly and gently stroke it through the hair in a downwards motion from the roots to the ends.
- Rinse by holding under running cool water until the water runs clear. Gently squeeze to press out excess water. Do not twist or wring.
- Place a small amount of conditioner for color-treated hair in your hand, evenly and gently work it through the hair in a downwards motion from the mid-shaft down to the ends avoiding the base and root. Applying conditioner to the base may cause shedding.
- Leave conditioner on for 1-2 minutes or follow the conditioner manufacturer’s instructions. Do not exceed 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse by holding under running cool water until the water runs clear. Gently squeeze or use a clean, dry towel to press out excess water. Do not twist or wring.
- Place wet wig on a wig stand until it is completely dry. Finger styling is recommended.
Style as desired:
- To straighten, take a 1 inch section starting at the roots and run a flat iron to the ends.
- To curl, wrap the hair around a curling iron and hold for 10 seconds and release.
- If desired use hair spray on the final styled product.
Tips & Tricks
- Wash or rinse all human hair products and style before wearing. Human hair is not ready to wear out of the box.
- Rinsing with hot water will damage the cap.
- Do not dry on a solid form or mannequin head to avoid stretching the cap.
- We do not recommend sleeping, showering or swimming while wearing the wig.
- Store the wig on a wig stand to avoid unwanted kinks or crimps.
- Lace is delicate and should not be tugged or pulled.
- Avoid brushing the hair when wet to prevent damage.
- Any cutting or chemical processes, such as perming or coloring, should be done by a professional hair stylist. We do not recommend lifting or bleaching human hair; depositing color provides the best result.