The 20’s is when you figure life out, define your path and start to live life to the fullest. At this moment, you could slip, trip and sometimes fall, but the beauty of life is that you get to learn from both your own experience and from others and thats kinda cool. So while you enjoy every moment, here are some lessons that will guide you through the 20’s and more.
1. Keep real friendships close – Sometimes we take friendships for granted, but it’s important you jeep true friends closer and make time for what’s important. Same goes for family, text your mom back, tell your siblings you love them & don’t miss birthdays.
2. Don’t compare your life with someone else’s – especially not with what you see on social media and don’t be hasty to judge others, you don’t know their story.
3. Take care of your body – And I don’t mean skip breakast, overdose on diet drinks or smoothie, I mean really take care of your body the best way you can. Sleep well, eat well, take fruits and veggies, drink lots of water and have safe workouts. It makes all the difference.
4. Learn everything you can – take advantage of this point of your life and develop skills. Take your education seriously, respect your teachers and listen to what they have to say. Read books and watch documentaries. Learn from others as there’s something to be learned from every single person you meet.
5. Learn to save. –Save more money than you spend. No matter how little you think 200 naira is, imagine what setting aside 200 naira per week will be in few years and with time, it will add up to something great. You’ll never regret saving up.
Stay tuned next week for the remaining key points