Tips on Engaging kids during holidays
Yes another holiday as started, what are your plans and engagement ideas for your kid this Easter holiday? No matter how short it may be, parents must ensure they keep their kids busy and engaged through out the holiday.
By now you should have drawn out a plan and discussed with them…Its not too late here are a few ideas and steps you can try out:
- List the things you want them to learn and accomplish during the holiday e.g. play a new instrument, learn to grow in the garden/gardening, learn to wash plates, lay a bed, swim,play chess, improve on school work or subjects, art and creativity, science and technology, self confidence, public speaking, cook, bake etc.
- Draw a time table, instruct and put in motion for implementation this should cover from day 1 of the holiday till last day
- Ensure you review the result every weekend with your kids and also spend weekend family time together .. parents can take them to the park, visit friends, play indoor or outdoor games together, cook weekend family etc
- if you are able to take a few days off from work before they resume, it will be a great idea and spend quality time with each child…..individually
- Limit screen time as much as you can and engage them in other activities off the screen …TV, Phones, tablets etc.
Holidays come and go very fast so dont waste time .. put to good use for your kids …make it fun, engaging and rewarding … Happy Holidays!