Preparing your family for election weekend
It happens every 4 years so yes its finally here the election weekend in Nigeria, this Saturday February 16, 2018. its looking like a long weekend with kids starting their mid term break on Friday.
As we hope and pray for a peaceful election, families also need to prepare apart from voting and exercising your civic duties, here are a few things we think its important to observe :
- Explain to your kids what election is and the importance to the economy, safety, education, health , country’s growth and development. they need to be good and law abiding citizens and voting for the right people
- Observe some family fun time: Usually there is no movement on election day and everyone is home aside being at the polling booth.. so its a good time to observe some family fun time – parents and kids… do something you all enjoy together even if its for 30 mins…. soccer/ball game, reading, cooking, bike riding, walk, gardening, swimming, exercise etc
- Shop for the long weekend! When kids are at home, they generally eat a lot even adults as well. So mums, check and shop for your essential needs – food, drugs and other basic household stuff.
- Engage the kids: Kids just like to play and have fun once they are not going to school. A timetable should be developed for this weekend to balance playing, school work and family time…. adherence and monitoring is critical to make it a success. Also have one on one time with each child and your partner.
- Know and visit your neighbour: Yep, you will be shocked that some people havent been or know their neighbours place. Its a good time to take a walk and visit a neighbour you have been planning to visit but have not had time.
Since February is the season of love, remember to show love to someone you dont know and appreciate people around you.
God keep and Bless all families, God bless Nigeria and people of the World! ONE NATION!