Basic Makeup Tips for the Mature Woman
No matter how old you are, a full makeup can still enhance your looks. It’s just a question of knowing which products you need and how to apply them.
Here are basic tips to follow;
- Before applying makeup, your skin should be exfoliated and well moisturized.
- A foundation primer is essential for mature skin.
- Best is a foundation that provides just the coverage you need while allowing you to keep concealer to a minimum.
- A loose, very fine textured face powder is less likely to collect in lines and wrinkles. For best results, apply with a large powder brush.
- When wearing blush, soft colors like rose and apricot are more becoming.
- Satin finish lipsticks don’t accentuate lip wrinkles.
- For a softer, more flattering finish, apply lipstick straight from the tube instead of with a brush.
- If black eyeliner and mascara seem too harsh, create a more diffused look with brown or dark gray.
- Switch liquid and gel eyeliner for kajal.
- Use only powder eye shadow.
Finally, before you can apply makeup, your skin must be in tip top condition, even if it’s no longer flawless. Age spots and broken capillaries are easy to cover up, but only if the skin is exfoliated and well hydrated.