Making a fashion statement with a headgear or turban
A turban is a type of headwear based on cloth winding. Featuring many variations, it is worn as customary headwear primarily by men. But these days they are used as accessories by women or headgear to cover their hair.
Often the choice of headgear for women is a real problem. Cap, hat, and beret – they are too widespread and already common for everyone. But what about a turban? Have you seen the wonderful things you can do with it? How to tie on one
- You can protect your head and hair from the scorching sun with the help of a turban. You can tie it using the most usual handkerchief or scarf. If you want to know how to tie it, read the following guide.
- Choose a right one
- Turban is a special headdress, which is a piece of cloth. The scarf is wound on the head and turns to a turban. But how to tie it nicely? Two main ways of tying the turban can be identified. In the first case, it becomes a kind of bandage for hair that plays a decorative role and may be worn in windy weather to protect your ears.
- In the second case, the entire head is covered. Your turban protects the head from the sun, and in the cold weather – from the cold. The hair can be left loose and can be completely hidden under a turban.
- In order to the tie the complex design of it on your head correctly, a scarf should not be short. The optimal length of the scarf for a turban is at least 1 m 60 cm. To cover your head the scarf width should be minimum 65 cm.
- In cool weather, choose scarves made of cashmere, fine wool; made of silk, chiffon, organza, linen, satin will work well for summer
- How to tie a turban headband in Turkish style?
- The traditional way of tying Turkish one. Put the scarf on her head as a hood, cross the ends at the back, pull them to the side of the forehead and make a double crisscross.
- Pull the ends of the backside: the forehead structure is formed of two crossed loops. Secure the ends of the back unit of the head and leave dangle. If the ends are short, it is better to hide them under a turban.
- Like numerous other ways of tying it, this method can be modified by turning a bandage to a headdress. To do this, you first must pick originally narrow scarf.
- A simplified version of the Turkish turban is a following. Attach the center of the scarf to the back of the head, pull the ends of the front side and make a double-cross on your forehead. Pull the ends of the back side and complete them as you wish.
- How to tie a turban in African style?
- A distinctive feature of African women is luxuriant hair. To tame your curly hair, you can tie a turban. Start with making a ponytail at the crown.
- If you have long hair, make a bundle, securing the hair with the help of pins. Throw a scarf on your head, cross ends at the forehead and pull back.
- Cross your ends on the back of the head and pull the back forward. Now cross your ends at the level of the forehead and above. Pull the ends of the back and secure by tying a knot.
- It turns out that the first shawl girth is made around the head and the second – just around the hair bundle. The edges of the scarf are hidden in the folds of a turban.
- Turban with plaits
- These are quite simple ways of tying it. You can also put the scarf on your head, and tie the ends into a knot at the nape. Now twist the both ends in the wiring harness and each wrap around the head to the back, in turn, they meet again. It remains to fix the edge node at the back and hide it under a created turban.
- Use our ‘how to tie it step by step’ guide and get the headdress of your dream for free!